When you are planning a home improvement project, one of the most important steps in this process is to find accredited contractors to do the work for you. For some, this is not an easy process, especially if you are not familiar with what is related to the contractor’s job. This is usually true when it comes to discussing a tile installation project with a tile contractor saint james ny.
There are some very important questions to ask the contractor when you meet him to get a quote for your tile installation project. Be sure to get more than one grade and do your best so that when you compare grades you have enough information to compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges. If a question arises after the appointment, do not hesitate to call the contractor for more information.
- Obtain a drawing of the area where you plan to place the tiles.
- Gather background information about each contractor you plan to talk to. Visit their website, contact the Better Business Bureau or similar and talk to everyone who used the contractor.
- Define a time frame within which you would prefer to complete the project.
- Do you have a budget to install tiles?
- Select the shape and color of your tile and select a grout color. If you have not chosen a tile, ask the contractor if your company has a showroom or where it will recommend that you buy a tile.
- Can a tile contractor leave samples?
- Obtain an estimate of the installation of the tiles without taking into account the cost of the tile and the cost of the tile.
- Do I need to seal the tiles? If yes, is there an additional charge? Is there any advantage in sealing the area?
- How can I find out about the quality of the materials that the contractor will use?
- How long after laying tiles can I walk on the floor?
- Ask each contractor to calculate the square footage of the tile installation project and ask them to include it in their written estimate.
- Ask the tile contractor how much it will cost to remove and prepare the existing floor before installing the tile.
- Request recommendations from previous customers and the addresses of anyone who wants to show you the completed mosaic installation project.
- Is there a guarantee for the job? If so, how long? Does this cover cracks, subsidence and possible drainage problems?